All about the Course – An introduction
Air cargo introductory
The Air cargo introductory course will develop a solid foundation for your Air cargo career by learning the fundamentals of cargo skills and procedures. Acquire necessary knowledge and specialization in transportation of cargo by air understand changing needs of cargo industry and how to adjust to it gain knowledge of the process of dangerous goods shipments and cargo ratings maximize career opportunities in Airline, Freight forwarders and ground handlings organization.
The global qualification and certifies that the holder has achieved a certain level of professional competence. Successfully completing the examination you will be qualified with Diploma in Air cargo Introductory.
It is commended for students who want to start a career in Air cargo, entry level professionals of freight forwarders, Cargo agents, cargo operations manager, cargo supervisors.
The Value of an IATA qualification
- Industry’s leader of international travel professional training.
- World-wide recognitions and acceptance.
- A High standard of training and a reliable brand.
- More than 30 years of training experience.
- Key to upgrade your professional competence or to start a carrier in the industry.
Course Content Overview
The 11 Units in the Air Cargo Introductory level will provide you with an understanding in management, organizational skills of a professional cargo agent are increasingly required.
- Unit 1 – Industry Regulations
- Unit 2 – The Air Cargo Agency
- Unit 3 – World Geography
- Unit 4 – Use of Guides
- Unit 5 – Aircraft
- Unit 6 – Handling Facilities
- Unit 7 – Air Cargo Acceptance
- Unit 8 – Cargo Booking Procedures
- Unit 9 – Cargo Automation
- Unit 10 – Air Cargo rates and charges
- Unit 11 – The Air Way Bill
- Cargo Terms and Definitions
An IATA Diploma awarded to participants obtaining a 60% in a single papers examination and 90% for distinction to receive a Diploma with Distinction.
|Eligibility:||Boys & Girls with Any Degree/Diploma/+2|
|Age:||18 and Above|
|Examination:||1st week of MARCH / JUNE / SEPTEMBER / DECEMBER|
|Class Timings:||07:30– 09:30AM, 10:00-12:30PM, 05:00-07:00PM MON to SAT. Weekend batches|
|Registration:||Open throughout the year|
|Job Opportunities:||Cargo agent in cargo agency, Cargo Consolidator agent with consolidator – WORLDWIDE|